Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My angel

We're kind of tight on space in our new place. Most of the Christmas presents are in the basement, but I was wrapping the other day and brought them into the house to wrap, then decided to keep them there till Christmas. I put them in the hall closet. I had told the kids the presents were in the basement and I hoped this would eliminate snooping.

I was unloading a few things from the car yesterday and when I got back upstairs I noticed Jessica rummaging in the closet. Kind of sharply, I asked her what she was doing.

She started crying. Then she said she had presents for me and Daddy and was trying to hide them and how was she supposed to do that when we were always there?

She had a point. I told her I would go into my bedroom and wait for a few minutes while she found a hiding place. She was too upset and ran into her room.

After a while she cheered up and I forgot about it.

I stashed a few more presents in the closet today and I noticed a little package in there. I didn't take a close look at it but I know it was from her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very poignant.

Grandpa Dan