Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daisy Promise

Jessica is working to get her first Daisy Petal (like a Girl/Boy Scout patch). It involves memorizing the Daisy Promise (which I keep calling the Daisy Pledge, for no particular reason). Thinking like the mother of two that I am, I figured this would take days of practice and repetition. We started last Thursday. I read her the first line, she repeated it a couple of times, then I read the second line, she repeated it. Then I had her so both the first and second line. There were only 4 lines, so we got through it pretty quickly, she said the whole thing 2 or 3 times, and then wanted to stop.

On Sunday, I sat her down again to practice. I couldn't even remember how the thing began but she immediately recited the entire thing.

Maybe my memory was that good when I was 6, but I seriously doubt it.

No comments: