Sunday, February 7, 2010

Finally!

A use for all those annoying little flowers that come with the Playmobil fairy sets Jessica is so fond of. Every set comes with what seems like dozens of tiny little flowers that, at adult height, look remarkably similar to crumbs. I'm forever picking them up off the floor or, in a less tolerant frame of mind, vacuuming them up.

Well, Jessica came home from school last week with a notice saying that for the 100th day of school, they should bring in 100 of something. Hari had a fine time suggesting various things of which Jessica could bring in: 100 little brothers, 100 bricks, 100 cats, etc. I was more boring and could only come up with paper clips or pennies. But then one of Jessica's friend's mom posted on Facebook that her son was bringing in 100 army men. That got me to thinking about Jessica's vast toy collection. Surely there had to be 100 of *something* in there. Hari thought there would be 100 Polly Pockets but I knew without looking that that wasn't true.

That was when my mind turned to Playmobil, pioneer of toys with tons of very tiny parts. And then I had my flash of genius: the flowers.

So I went through the 2 main rooms where the playmobil toys are kept, and even found a few just walking from room to room. In the end, we had 101 flowers. Jessica counted them herself, 10 piles of ten. Plus--very easy to transport back and forth to school and if she loses them? BONUS.

1 comment:

Firelizards said...

Nice! I've got to come up with something for 100 days, too. Too bad I don't have 100 playmobil flowers... :)

~Kristen