Monday, December 7, 2009

Budgeting

The first day after we got back from the cruise was the PTA Holiday Fair at Jessica's school. I could either send cash or a check with the maximum amount of money I wanted her to spend. That seemed kind of weird to me, so I decided to send cash. But I didn't have anything smaller than a $20. I was afraid if I sent her with $20, she'd spend the whole wad.

Turns out I was right. Fortunately, I managed to get a $5 bill from Hari and sent that instead.

She spent every penny.

On what, I'm not sure. Hari picked her up from school and when she came in, she had a small box with her that she said, "Close your eyes, Mom!" and went running upstairs. Then I heard her talking to Hari and him saying, "Do you want to wrap it now or wait till Christmas?" It was pretty obvious she'd gotten me a present.

I have no idea what it is but the other thing she came home with was a snow/ice scraper for the car. This makes me a little afraid. At least now I know I'll get a present for Christmas.

Even if I did pay for it.

No comments: