Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Half Day

Jessica's school had a half day today for "professional development" for teachers. I had the option to send her to Xander's preschool, where they also provide after-school care for older kids. In fact, I had already made arrangements to do so. This morning, she woke up and was whining and whining and whining about how she didn't want to go to preschool and how she always has to get up and do something and how she just wanted to come home after school.

I thought about it. She was right. I had to work but she's such a good kid most of the time, after I thought about it, I realized I could probably still get most of my work done. Plus I thought it would be good for her to have a nice big block of just-Jessica free-play time.

Right now I'm sitting at my desk (working so hard, as you can tell). She's on the other side of the room, playing so intently with her little animals and dolls that she probably doesn't even realize I'm listening to her and loving every moment of her little voice narrating what the creatures are doing. I'm so lucky to have a kid who's so good at playing by herself.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Hi Laura. You asked about Scrap Yourself Silly and not being able to find it? I believe the downloads start tomorrow and are only through the week. So make sure you add STS blog to your followings and check back tomorrow. Have haven't missed anything :) I hope you enjoy it! Have a great night and I am so sorry for the confusion. -Manda

Laura said...

Thanks!