Tuesday, September 1, 2009

At least there are no panty lines......

Author's note: this post has been 3 months in the making, partially because I kept getting new material to add to it.

Jessica has a problem keeping on her underwear. I first recognized this problem at a Memorial Day barbeque. I had laid out clothes for her to wear but somehow she ended up at the bbq sans underwear.

Of course, I didn't realize it till at least halfway through the afternoon. And it was at least half an hour after she turned fast and gave the bbq attendees an eyeful. I thought they were laughing because they could see her underwear, silly Mommy.

When I asked her why she wasn't wear her underwear, she told me I didn't put it out for her. Obviously the idea of asking me to get her some never occurred to her.

Several times after that, she didn't put on underwear again because she said I didn't put it out for her. I repeated she should ask me for it if she doesn't see it, not just to not wear it.

About a week later after Memorial Day we were at another bbq. This time she had an accident. Since I didn't have extra panties with me, she went without underwear for the rest of day. Unlike the Memorial Day bbq, however, she was wearing a much shorter dress.

Then there was the time I sent her to camp in her bathing suit. I packed underwear in her backpack for after swim was over but she didn't see it so when she got dressed, she just didn't put on any underwear.

Are you seeing a theme here?

Apparently, this lack of undergarments is quite memorable. Her friend Ainsley protested wearing underwear one day saying, "Jessica doesn't." Fabulous. That's what my kid is going to be known for.

No comments: