Monday, July 13, 2009

Please, shoot me now

before Jessica becomes a teenager. I can't imagine this is as bad as it gets, but she's already driving me crazy.

For example, 3 days a week for 10 months, she told me that she didn't want to go to preschool because she hated rest time. It was as though, if she didn't have to rest, she would be perfectly happy and willing to go to school. But the law says she had to rest, and so I endured the complaint Every Single Day she went to school.

Okay.

Today she started church camp. I read over their literature and didn't see anything about rest time, so I figured we were in the clear. Not only that, I used it as a selling point this morning, when Jessica was nervous (understandably) about going to a new camp where she didn't know anyone.

"You won't have to rest," I told her.

"Well," she said, and I knew then that I was in trouble. "Well, I think I kind of like rest time, after all."

I repeat, please, just shoot me now.

1 comment:

Amy Marr said...

I hate to say this, but I totally understand how you feel. I guess I thought the reason behind our friction was how similar Ainsley and I are, but I guess not - Ainsley changes her mind faster than the weather in New England!

I hope Jessica enjoys VBS!