Monday, May 11, 2009

Boy talk

It started innocently enough. Jessica said something along the lines of boys being yucky.

I figured might as well start talking about boys now, though with Jessica, you never know what's going to come out of her mouth.

I asked her if she liked boys. Her response was negative, but she did mention she knew who she was going to marry. Burning with curiousity, I asked who.

"Cooper." Cooper has the cubby next to her at preschool, I think.

"Does he know that?"

"No."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"No." I could hear the duh in her tone.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Smiling: "Dan." Dan lives near the post office. Jessica went to his house for trick-or-treating last year."

"Does he know?"

"No."

"Why don't you tell him?" She became demure. Then she said something about Peyton also having a boyfriend. Peyton's boyfriend is Troy. If Jessica could text, Peyton would be her BFF.

"Oh, that's just secret girl stuff."

I decided to stop the interrogation. It scares me that we may be having this conversation for real in about 5 years. (If it's less, don't tell me).

No comments: