Friday, November 28, 2008

Mathmetician and magician

Mathmetician:
Last night I made Jessica a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sometimes she likes them cut into pieces and sometimes she wants it whole (but NEVER with the crusts). So, I asked her if she wanted 4 small pieces or 1 big piece. She answered 5 pieces. I said I couldn't do that, thinking I couldn't cut 4 equal pieces. So I cut the sandwich in half, and then into quarter. She then told me to cut one of the quarters in half for: 5 pieces!

Magician:
Then, this morning she wanted pancakes. It was a daycare day, which means we run around like crazy things trying to get out the door in time. I told her I didn't have enough time to make pancakes from scratch, but there were a few leftover from last time we'd made them. She complained a little when I put only 4 (silver dollar sized) on her plate. "I want more," she said. Again, I explained about the time limit.

A few minutes later she said, "Look, Mom! I made more!" I looked at her plate and she had cut the 4 pancakes into pieces. Yep, there was now more then 4 pancakes.