Sunday, November 9, 2008

Infinite Loop

As much as I hate to admit it, Jessica likes Barbie and stuff related to Barbie. This includes these animated Barbie movies, of which there seems to be an almost unlimited quantity. I've somehow gotten myself into a bit of a situation with these movies.

We get them from the library. Unlike the books, which carry no fine (and which I'm probably at this point known as the lady who never returns her books on time), the DVDs rack up $1/day for late fines. Being as frugal as I am, I am never late with the movies. However, I am lazy, in that I never seem to be able to get to the library before I pick Jessica up from preschool (which is right across the street from the library). Therefore, we always end up returning the DVD after I pick her up. And every time she asks for a new movie. By 3:30 I'm pretty tired and worn down, and saying no is not a battle I wish to have. So she gets a new movie.

I may be able to get off the hook this week, though. We've been returning the movies on Tuesdays, because that's the day we took out the first one. However, the library is closed this Tuesday, so it's not due till Wednesday. I just have to figure out how to get to the library without Jessica on Wednesday, since she's not in school at all.

No comments: