Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I don't know who was more upset today

Me or Jessica. However, if you had to base it on the amount of screaming, crying and struggling, I would say it was her.

It was check-up day. Last year she had 4 shots and she remembered every single minute of it. This year she had 2 shots and a blood draw. I needed to get some of my own blood drawn, so I had put it off so we could do it together so she could see it wasn't a big deal. That didn't work out as I had hoped. In fact, it might have freaked her out more, if that was possible.

The good news is she's a healthy 5 year old who doesn't eat enough vegetables. And a friend told me no more vaccinations till high school! Woohoo! At least by then she'll be a more rational human being. Well, about shots anyway.

Stats:
39 lbs
3'7"

After last year's Screamfest, I told Hari he was taking her this year because it was awful, holding her down for shots. It wasn't much better this year, but I thought about it beforehand and decided to let her choose who she wanted to take her. After all, it wasn't about me, it was about her. She wanted Mommy, so she got Mommy.

And a new toy. Daddy probably wouldn't have done that.

2 comments:

Nutan said...

Hmmm...maybe I should stop reading your blog until after I have the baby. Otherwise, I may want to give her back :)

Laura said...

Oh, wait till your baby has her first round of immunizations at 2 months. I cried for both kids. I think I also cried at Jessica's second round of immunizations when she was 4 months. It ain't easy.